Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud didn’t give me all my contacts

When I restored my iPhone from a master reset to factory I lost a few contacts that I had backed up prior to the reason for the rest how do I get them back?

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 10:20 PM

Mystics2600 Said:

"My iCloud didn’t give me all my contacts: When I restored my iPhone from a master reset to factory I lost a few contacts that I had backed up prior to the reason for the rest how do I get them back?"

-------

Transferring Contacts Between iPhones:

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on the new iPhone, and then enable Contacts in iCloud Settings. If these were synced in the old iPhone's settings, then all should presumably transfer between the two iPhones. In the long run, all should be accessible, given they are associated to the same Apple ID.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Then, Check iCloud:

See if you can access particular items, through iCloud, directly. Go Here: https://www.icloud.com/contacts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 10:20 PM in response to Mystics2600

Mystics2600 Said:

"My iCloud didn’t give me all my contacts: When I restored my iPhone from a master reset to factory I lost a few contacts that I had backed up prior to the reason for the rest how do I get them back?"

-------

Transferring Contacts Between iPhones:

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on the new iPhone, and then enable Contacts in iCloud Settings. If these were synced in the old iPhone's settings, then all should presumably transfer between the two iPhones. In the long run, all should be accessible, given they are associated to the same Apple ID.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Then, Check iCloud:

See if you can access particular items, through iCloud, directly. Go Here: https://www.icloud.com/contacts

My iCloud didn’t give me all my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.