Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your system has extensions or settings installed that are incompatible with Private Relay"

Hi.

I've read a number of threads on this. My problem, like that of many others , is that I haven't a clue on what is causing Private Relay not to work. I tried removing VPN services, Safari extensions, anything I thought might have an impact. Nothing did it.

I then installed EtreCheckPro and generated a report, but the report is less than clear too, at least to my layperson's eyes.

Could someone please help me tease out of the EtreCheckPro report what the problem might be? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Francisco

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 8:25 AM

Sorry to say but the possible damages CMM has created in the User Account and heaven knows where else, suggest restarting in Recovery Mode and choose to Reinstall macOS.

This will do an in-place installation, putting back elements of the OS that CMM has either corrupted or removed.

It should not touch your Personal Data, setting, preference etc.

To be safer - do a TM Backup before attempting or maybe 2 TM Backup each to separate external drives

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 8:25 AM in response to Francisco Vaz Da Silva

Sorry to say but the possible damages CMM has created in the User Account and heaven knows where else, suggest restarting in Recovery Mode and choose to Reinstall macOS.

This will do an in-place installation, putting back elements of the OS that CMM has either corrupted or removed.

It should not touch your Personal Data, setting, preference etc.

To be safer - do a TM Backup before attempting or maybe 2 TM Backup each to separate external drives

Jul 31, 2022 6:15 AM in response to Mal-S

Excellent catch by @Mal-S above.

Really do suggest following the Advise and remove " BrickMyMac " aka CleanMyMac as per the Developers Instructions.

Even at that, the damages this application may have inflected on this computer may required a Re-Installation to replace any corrupted or removed elements of the OS

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions

This will include CleanMyMac  and arrive at your own conclusions

Jul 31, 2022 4:54 AM in response to Francisco Vaz Da Silva

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer. 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues

"Your system has extensions or settings installed that are incompatible with Private Relay"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.