Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random crashing of Mail, Messages, Calendar, and App Store

Since upgrading to macOS Monterey on my 2019 MacBook Pro, I've had consistent issues with Apple (iCloud connected) apps. Everything will be working fine. Reading emails, sending messages, downloading apps, etc. Randomly, I'll open Mail, Messages, or App Store and it will freeze. Once this happens, all other iCloud apps seem to be broken. The only way to fix is by restarting my mac, which seems to resolve the problem temporarily. I've tried:

• Resetting SMC, (P|NV)RAM
  • Deleting all keychain related data
  • Reinstalling macOS completely (after backing up files)
  • Many other things...

Nothing seems to resolve the issue. One suspicious thing I've seen is that `accountsd` is crashing constantly on my machine:

I've attached a copy of a full error message (they are all basically the same error with different addresses). If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. I've been trying to resolve this issues for months without any luck.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 7:42 PM

ethanlynn wrote:

Since upgrading to macOS Monterey on my 2019 MacBook Pro, I've had consistent issues with Apple (iCloud connected) apps. Everything will be working fine. Reading emails, sending messages, downloading apps, etc. Randomly, I'll open Mail, Messages, or App Store and it will freeze. Once this happens, all other iCloud apps seem to be broken. The only way to fix is by restarting my mac, which seems to resolve the problem temporarily. I've tried:

Resetting SMC, (P|NV)RAM
• Many other things...

Nothing seems to resolve the issue. One suspicious thing I've seen is that `accountsd` is crashing constantly on my machine:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7559df10-f0b3-4248-b2be-b3ddd3a73b52

I've attached a copy of a full error message (they are all basically the same error with different addresses). If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. I've been trying to resolve this issues for months without any luck.
<Crash Report.log>

Have you signed out of iCloud and back in again—

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign into iCloud

Sign in and use iCloud.com - Apple Support

I will add—

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 7:42 PM in response to ethanlynn

ethanlynn wrote:

Resetting SMC, (P|NV)RAM
• Many other things...

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7559df10-f0b3-4248-b2be-b3ddd3a73b52

<Crash Report.log>

Have you signed out of iCloud and back in again—

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign into iCloud

I will add—

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5

Random crashing of Mail, Messages, Calendar, and App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.