Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro daily battery life is awful

I use my iPad for daily usage. Only on Wi-Fi because I do not have cellular. Used for checking email, Facebook, streaming videos and occasionally use pages.

When using the device, I can actually see my battery drain. Why?

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 8:58 AM

Similar questions

14 replies

Aug 4, 2022 8:18 AM in response to rtspyder

So I have been monitoring battery and screen time and this is what is have.

You can see the IPad is in standby most of the time. It was fully charged Tuesday

And this is where I am today.

Are my expectations to high? I am comparing the life of a single charge with my surface pro laptop. When in a hibernate mode I loose now power on a laptop probably 4 years old.

anyone think this is normal?

Aug 2, 2022 7:43 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I could leave it in standby mode for maybe three days intermittently using the iPad.

So using the IPad today to watch videos do net surfing for 30 minutes, it went from 98% to 92%. Not sure if this is normal or not. I also looked on line to see if other folks have this issue, ran into an article about ap refreshes and to shut down the app not being used. I did that last night.

hope that gives you more information

Aug 4, 2022 8:29 AM in response to rtspyder

Unfortunately, the first screenshot cuts off before it shows much in the list of what's using up battery life. It appears that number two on the list is Facebook. The FB app is a notorious battery drainer. I'd give some thought to getting rid of it and accessing FB through the browser. You also seem to be using the iPad for handling HomeKit and that seems to be using a lot of battery life. That would continue to happen in the background.

Also, based on the first screenshot, you last charged it to 100% on Tuesday at 7:46am. The screenshot was taken on Thursday at 9:04am and you're not quite to 25%. That doesn't seem "awful" to me. If you plugged the iPad in every night before bed, it would automatically back up to iCloud and be fully charged and ready to go in the morning.

iPad Pro daily battery life is awful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.