You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't save Open Office documents as PDF after upgrade to Big Sur 11.6.8.

I am unable to save Open Office documents as PDF after upgrading to Big Sur 11.6.8.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 11:50 AM

I'll bet if. you open that .ODT or Word document in LibreOffice v7.3.5, it will allow you to export (not Save as) to PDF. Far more effort going into LibreOffice updates than Apache is investing in OpenOffice. The aforementioned LIbreOffice works just fine on my M1 mini running 11.6.8.

6 replies

Aug 1, 2022 1:39 PM in response to drdebc

+1 for LibreOffice. The LibreOffice developers have made a lot of great improvements since they split from OpenOffice years ago.

Does OpenOffice have an Export option? Perhaps try booting into Safe Mode in case you have some third party software that is interfering with the normal operation of macOS. What error are you getting when you try to save as PDF? And where are you saving the file?

I can't save Open Office documents as PDF after upgrade to Big Sur 11.6.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.