Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 pro max battery

I regularly monitor how I charge my iPhone 13 Pro Max, which was seven months old at the time. Battery health dropped to 99 percent after the 50th charge. Why did the battery health drop after just 50 charges even though I constantly charge it when it's at 30%?

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 12:37 PM

No perhaps about it. It's explained here

Batteries - Why Lithium-ion? - Apple (UK)

"With lithium-ion batteries, the capacity diminishes slightly with each complete charge cycle. "

8 replies

Aug 2, 2022 10:47 PM in response to Jos05

Maybe they don't use them. Ageing is due to FULL charge cycles and heat. By leaving yours two days between charges you risk using more battery than if you did the recommended practice of leaving on charge all night every night. Why? because overnight off charge uses battery that you have to charge on day 2!

And turning it off at night is not a good idea for so many reasons.

Charge all night every night and keep it cool (don't use in blistering sunlight) for nest health, but you obviously are doing OK as it is.

Aug 2, 2022 10:54 PM in response to Jos05

Jos05 Said:

"Iphone 13 pro max battery: I regularly monitor how I charge my

iPhone 13 Pro Max, which was seven months old at the time.

Battery health dropped to 99 percent after the 50th charge. Why

did the battery health drop after just 50 charges even though I

constantly charge it when it's at 30%?"

-------

About Battery Health:

From what you've reported, all Is fine. Unfortunately, there is no way yo know why, nor when, the Battery Health decreased. You are fine. Apple recommends you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower.

Iphone 13 pro max battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.