Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print as PDF

Hey all, on Windows I have a default PDF printer installed. I use it a lot. I can't find the Mac function. I have tried FoxIt but that no longer has the print function.

Hoping for some assistance as I've wasted 45 minutes trying to basically just print one page of a PDF I have open in Acrobat reader. Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:04 AM

In addition to everything leroydouglas already wrote:

Overall, anything you can print you can make a pdf. That is built-in to the system. There are also many tools for manipulating pdf, and Preview is foremost. I do not even have Adobe Reader. No need.

In the present case, it appears that your document is already a pdf... so

you could open it in Preview, copy just the page you want (Command-C), and create a new document with Clipboard (Command-N).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 9:04 AM in response to Doooford

In addition to everything leroydouglas already wrote:

Overall, anything you can print you can make a pdf. That is built-in to the system. There are also many tools for manipulating pdf, and Preview is foremost. I do not even have Adobe Reader. No need.

In the present case, it appears that your document is already a pdf... so

you could open it in Preview, copy just the page you want (Command-C), and create a new document with Clipboard (Command-N).

Aug 2, 2022 8:53 AM in response to Doooford

Doooford wrote:

Hey all, on Windows I have a default PDF printer installed. I use it a lot. I can't find the Mac function. I have tried FoxIt but that no longer has the print function.
Hoping for some assistance as I've wasted 45 minutes trying to basically just print one page of a PDF I have open in Acrobat reader. Thanks.

Control click (right click) on your file or PDF if viewing through a browser>Download to Desktop etc

Print or create a PDF of a webpage in Safari on Mac

Command P opens the print dialog for example a PDF on your Desktop—

or for example Firefox Ccommand P

Aug 2, 2022 9:01 AM in response to Doooford

There is no desktop PDF printer functionality included with macOS. If you have a PDF opened in Acrobat Reader DC, then just click the printer tool icon in the toolbar to get Adobe's application specific print panel. Printing from Acrobat reader works better using the preceding approach rather than clicking ⌘+P to open Apple's print panel in the same application.

Print as PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.