Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost connection during migration

Using Migration Assistant to swop from Window PC to MacBook Air. Lost connection during transfer. Both on same network trying to reconnect. No luck. What happens if I cancel transfer.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:13 AM

WinDyT8 wrote:

Using Migration Assistant to swop from Window PC to MacBook Air. Lost connection during transfer. Both on same network trying to reconnect. No luck. What happens if I cancel transfer.

You are always better off using a cable connection for moving large amount of data / transfer

try again—

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

ref: PC to Mac

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

If you need an adapter

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 7:13 AM in response to WinDyT8

WinDyT8 wrote:

You are always better off using a cable connection for moving large amount of data / transfer

try again—

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

ref: PC to Mac

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

If you need an adapter

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Lost connection during migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.