Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad keeps turning on off by its self

my ipad keeps turning on and off by it's self

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:32 PM

James-007Montes Said:

"my ipad keeps turning on and off by it's self"

-------

Troubleshooting an iPhone in a Boot Loop:

Your iPad seems to be stuck in a Boot Loop. This typically occurs when you were updating something, and it was unsuccessful. So, to fix this see my user tip in regards to iPhones. Report back if that helps: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

For Thought...

An Old Device:

You device is a bit obsolete. So, take this as a good reason to upgrade.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 9:32 PM in response to James-007Montes

James-007Montes Said:

"my ipad keeps turning on and off by it's self"

-------

Troubleshooting an iPhone in a Boot Loop:

Your iPad seems to be stuck in a Boot Loop. This typically occurs when you were updating something, and it was unsuccessful. So, to fix this see my user tip in regards to iPhones. Report back if that helps: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

For Thought...

An Old Device:

You device is a bit obsolete. So, take this as a good reason to upgrade.

Aug 3, 2022 1:48 AM in response to James-007Montes

Your iPad2 is very old. Given your description, it is almost certain that battery has reached the end of its usable working life.

Battery replacement for an iPad2 is not available via Apple as hardware support ended many years ago. As such, for battery replacement, you’d have to consider a third-party repair shop - but before doing so, consider the following…

iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models).

Apple ended update support for these models in September 2016. Your iPad cannot be updated to iOS 10 or later major versions of iOS, as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for new versions of iOS/iPadOS. This limitation cannot be bypassed; these are 32-bit architecture devices, whilst all recent versions of iOS/iPadOS are designed for 64-bit hardware platforms. iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 are all obsolete.

You need to consider that compatible Apps for your iPad are now unavailable. App Developers have dropped all support for 32-bit devices. As 32-bit versions of Apps have been removed from the Apple App Store, you’ll not be able to (re)download or install them - which may severely limit the usefulness and utility of your iPad. A battery replacement, if attempted, will completely erase the iPad of all data and installed Apps - the latter cannot be reinstalled.

As such, you would be best advised to save your money - and instead consider replacement of your iPad2 with a much newer or recent model of iPad. Of current models, even the entry-level iPad9 has specifications and capabilities that will massively outperform you current iPad - and is compatible with the vast majority of current Apps. Other models are more powerful still.

I hope this information provides succinct clarity as to your available options - and the fundamental limitations of your current iPad.

my ipad keeps turning on off by its self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.