Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp phone storage

i am trying to restore my backup on my iPhone however WhatsApp is saying I need more storage. I have loads of storage on my iCloud and enough on my iPhone. I have deleted every app and it still is tell me I need more storage. Can anyone help?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 11:38 PM

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 11:38 PM in response to Ittleta

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Aug 4, 2022 11:45 PM in response to Ittleta

Ittleta Said:

"WhatsApp phone storage: i am trying to restore my backup on my iPhone however WhatsApp is saying I need more storage. I have loads of storage on my iCloud and enough on my iPhone. I have deleted every app and it still is tell me I need more storage. Can anyone help?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

IMPORTANT: Clear "System Data (formerly called "Other"):

Use my User Tip:The storage named "Other"(or "System Data") is a grey bar seen in storage. How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

WhatsApp phone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.