Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to bypass iPhone 13 passcode

Does anyone know how to bypass iPhone 13 passcode WITHOUT factory resetting the phone? I need evidence off to it but don’t have passcode. The phone is registered to me not the person that was using it & they refuse to offer up any information.

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:45 PM

The screen lock passcode cannot be bypassed. iOS and iPadOS are deliberately designed such that no one can reset or regain access to a device without the screen lock passcode and retain access to the data on that device. By design, the one and the only way to reset the screen lock passcode requires erasing the device and restoring it to factory settings.

There is no alternative or bypass. When you say the iPhone was “registered to you” I don’t know what that even means. There is no registration database of who uses or controls an iPhone. An iPhone is tied to the user who signs their AppleID into iCloud on that device. That ties the device to their AppleID for both Find My (if activated and used) and activation lock. During activation and setup, the person activating the device sets the screen lock passcode. They then control the device.

If you purchased the device, that doesn’t change the situation. Without knowing the screen lock passcode used, the one, and the only way to reset the device and regain access and use of it requires erasing its contents. There is no bypass and all Apple could is the same thing - restore the device to factory settings by erasing it. This is a deliberate design feature of iOS and iPadOS to keep anyone who does not know the screen lock passcode from resetting a device with the device data intact and accessible.

It is actually associated with Apple’s public user data privacy policy and their public promise that no user’s data can be accessed by someone or anyone else by bypassing the screen lock passcode.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 9:45 PM in response to Drummersgirl21

The screen lock passcode cannot be bypassed. iOS and iPadOS are deliberately designed such that no one can reset or regain access to a device without the screen lock passcode and retain access to the data on that device. By design, the one and the only way to reset the screen lock passcode requires erasing the device and restoring it to factory settings.

There is no alternative or bypass. When you say the iPhone was “registered to you” I don’t know what that even means. There is no registration database of who uses or controls an iPhone. An iPhone is tied to the user who signs their AppleID into iCloud on that device. That ties the device to their AppleID for both Find My (if activated and used) and activation lock. During activation and setup, the person activating the device sets the screen lock passcode. They then control the device.

If you purchased the device, that doesn’t change the situation. Without knowing the screen lock passcode used, the one, and the only way to reset the device and regain access and use of it requires erasing its contents. There is no bypass and all Apple could is the same thing - restore the device to factory settings by erasing it. This is a deliberate design feature of iOS and iPadOS to keep anyone who does not know the screen lock passcode from resetting a device with the device data intact and accessible.

It is actually associated with Apple’s public user data privacy policy and their public promise that no user’s data can be accessed by someone or anyone else by bypassing the screen lock passcode.

How to bypass iPhone 13 passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.