Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Company issued phone, turned in with unknown passcode

How do I factory reset the iPhone if I do not know the previous employee installed passcod?

I have tried and been unsuccessful because of find my device is activated and I can not disable with out passcode. Any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 12:22 AM

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 12:22 AM in response to Help_CKH

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Nov 5, 2022 12:06 AM in response to Help_CKH

If you have a model that has a home button, you can press the volume buttons at the same time as the Home Button for several seconds without releasing will start the forced reset of the phone (I believe it asks you first)

I dislike iPhones without the home button, so if you have the recent iPhone model that does not have a home button, I'm not sure how to reset that. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Company issued phone, turned in with unknown passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.