Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is not syncing. Stuck at step 2 of 6

Hi, I have always synced my phone directly to my Mac. It's been a bit bumpy since the sync was taken out of iTunes and into the finder.

Recently my iPhone 12 Pro Max will not sync to my 2017 iMac 5k. It has been stuck at step 2 of 6 and I can't get it to move. I have tried power restarts on both devices but its always stuck there. Here is a screen shot. My phone was connecting over wifi, I assume at night while it was charging. However nothing happens to the sync if I plug it directly into the iMac. However, photos does recognize the phone and offers to import photos. Notice the " battery meter " in the screen shot is not correct.

My Mac is running macOS Monterey 12.5 and my iPhone is on iOS 15.6

Any help would be really appriciated..

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 12:19 PM

Hi, it’s been stuck like this for the last 3 months.

Similar questions

2 replies

iPhone is not syncing. Stuck at step 2 of 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.