You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

switching from Adobe Bridge to Apple Photos

I have been filing and organising my photos in Adobe Bridge for years and have thousands of photos in there. However, I am now considering to start using Apple Photos to file my pics as the convenience of cloud storage, viewing on all my devices and the AI tools seems attractive

I have just got a new M2 MBP and am think of a change ...

Am I biting off too much or is this a crazy idea?

How do I import photos into Apple Photos - Do I just use the import features to grab all the photos in my Bridge directories on Finder?

What can I automate - Is it possible to import 'Albums' from subfolders in bridge

Welcome any advice (or admonishments :))

Cheers

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 3:12 PM

The only think you can replicate in Photos is a folder structure (assuming bridge uses finder folders, and not some proprietary adobe folder system)

When you use file>import after clicking "review for import" make sure "keep folder structure" is checked.

Note each folder will contain an album which holds the actual images for that folder.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2022 3:12 PM in response to slacky1

The only think you can replicate in Photos is a folder structure (assuming bridge uses finder folders, and not some proprietary adobe folder system)

When you use file>import after clicking "review for import" make sure "keep folder structure" is checked.

Note each folder will contain an album which holds the actual images for that folder.

switching from Adobe Bridge to Apple Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.