Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control access to my camera on my iPhone 12.

Hello All,

I need to be able to control the access to my camera on my iPhone. I need to remove access from the Home Screen, but be able to access the camera (or an alternative app) when the camera is unlocked.

What I really want is to be able remove the camera from the Lock Screen, but there is currently no config option, so I need a workaround/hack

I have 2 small kids that keep taking photos, and it’s proving difficult to always keep my phone hidden. The only solutions I have found suggests removing the camera using Screen Time, but then this does not allow me to use it (or other camera enabled apps) without disabling Screen time setting. It really spoils the moment when you want take a pic of a group of friends, and have to fumble about with your phone setting to first enable your camera.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 8:57 AM

Hello, Rob. On which iOS version are you right now on your iPhone? The feature called "App Library" might help maybe to prevent your kids from using the Camera app on your Home Screen. Also make sure to check out this link for more information.

Hope that helps.

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Kind regards!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 8:57 AM in response to RobPembroke

Hello, Rob. On which iOS version are you right now on your iPhone? The feature called "App Library" might help maybe to prevent your kids from using the Camera app on your Home Screen. Also make sure to check out this link for more information.

Hope that helps.

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Kind regards!

Aug 7, 2022 9:09 AM in response to RobPembroke

We have no way of knowing the reason you can’t remove the camera from the LOCK screen; it’s probably so if you have a photo op you don’t have to take the time to unlock the phone and find the camera icon. Photos taken when the phone is locked can be viewed from the camera app on the lock screen, but no other photos in your photo library can be viewed, thus preserving your privacy.

One solution to your problem is don’t leave the phone where two small kids have access to it. I’m sure there are many things in your home that are inaccessible to your kids; just make your iPhone one more such item. Or get them their own inexpensive camera so they can take as many photos as they want without cluttering up your phone.

How do I control access to my camera on my iPhone 12.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.