Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications muted when iPhone asleep

My iPhone SE on iOS 15.6 was not giving visible, audible, or vibration notifications when the phone was asleep. I checked and re-checked all possible notification settings. Then I found this solution on the Apple Developers forum which magically fixed it:

1. “Settings -> Sounds and Haptics
  2. Drag the “Ringers and Alerts” volume slider to minimum, then drag it to maximum, then back to your desired volume.

That's it; the volumes of notifications are now well-matched to the ringer volume.”

This seems to be an Apple bug, and an unusual workaround. I hope posting this saves someone from the same frustration I had. ✌️

iPhone SE (Gen 2)

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 11:01 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 8, 2022 3:54 AM in response to Old MacDavid

Change notification settings on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. ... 
  3. To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap.

More items...

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Aug 8, 2022 3:55 AM in response to Old MacDavid

You can allow access to Notification Center on the Lock Screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on other iPhone models). Enter your passcode. Scroll down and turn on Notification Center (below Allow Access When Locked).

View and respond to notifications on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Notifications muted when iPhone asleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.