Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is chiming at 8 am every day

Similar to Liz in Feb, phone is chiming a unique sound every morning at 8 am. Already checked health app- nothing is setup and notifications are off. I had never even looked at the health app before.

The chime is not a sound I have ever heard before. It is not one of my locked desktop notifications:, my overnight quiet time ends at 7 am not 8 and has never made a sound.

This seems to have started after the last update a week or so ago, but might have been sooner. It is definitely new in the last month. Drives me nuts that I cannot find it.

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 9:04 AM

Go to Settings>Notifications. Check every single app that has "Sound" notifications enabled and turn them off unless you know for certain what they're notifying you for. See if that stops it. If it doesn't, go back and turn off sound notifications for everything and test. If it doesn't chime the next day, start turning on sounds for applications you want audible notifications from. Only turn on a couple every day. That way, if the noise starts again, you'll know it was one of the one or two you just enabled.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 9:04 AM in response to patina7800

Go to Settings>Notifications. Check every single app that has "Sound" notifications enabled and turn them off unless you know for certain what they're notifying you for. See if that stops it. If it doesn't, go back and turn off sound notifications for everything and test. If it doesn't chime the next day, start turning on sounds for applications you want audible notifications from. Only turn on a couple every day. That way, if the noise starts again, you'll know it was one of the one or two you just enabled.

iPhone is chiming at 8 am every day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.