Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store does not allow me to update apps or even use it without an update as also there is this message that pops up about billing issues

why I cant update free apps from the app store as also I keep getting a msg that says billing issues and they ask me for debit card details for payments but I dont want to provide this so they dont charge me for fake payments done by scam apps. what should I do now

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 10:40 AM

You need some form of payment on file, even for free apps. If you don't want to use a credit card, you can purchase a gift card and use that.

1 reply

app store does not allow me to update apps or even use it without an update as also there is this message that pops up about billing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.