Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Not able to update or download apps

I am facing issues to update my apps, I am getting message “There is a billing problem with a previous purchase”. As instructed in this forum I have tried to remove and add new payment methods but no use! Can some one help me?

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 3:26 AM

Have you also follow the instructions?

⤵️

Change your payment method

Add a new, valid payment method, then remove the old payment method. If you have an unpaid balance, the new payment method is charged automatically. When the outstanding balance has been paid, you can make new purchases or use subscriptions again.

Use an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card to pay an unpaid balance

1. Purchase an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card.*
  2. Redeem the gift card.
  3. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app, then tap your name.
  4. Tap Media & Purchases.
  5. Tap View Account.
  6. Tap Purchase History.
  7. Tap the order with red text that says Amount You Owe.
  8. Tap Pay with Apple ID Credit.

After you pay for the unpaid order, you can make purchases with your remaining Apple Account balance.

* Gift cards aren't available in all countries or regions.

If you use Family Sharing

If you use Family Sharing and purchase sharing is turned on, the family organizer's payment method is charged for all family members' purchases. If you're the family organizer and you or a family member can't make purchases, change your payment method.

If you're not the family organizer, ask the family organizer to change their payment method. Or redeem a gift card and pay your unpaid order.

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 3:26 AM in response to nadarajan32

Have you also follow the instructions?

⤵️

Add a new, valid payment method, then remove the old payment method. If you have an unpaid balance, the new payment method is charged automatically. When the outstanding balance has been paid, you can make new purchases or use subscriptions again.

Use an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card to pay an unpaid balance

1. Purchase an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card.*
  2. Redeem the gift card.
  3. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app, then tap your name.
  4. Tap Media & Purchases.
  5. Tap View Account.
  6. Tap Purchase History.
  7. Tap the order with red text that says Amount You Owe.
  8. Tap Pay with Apple ID Credit.

After you pay for the unpaid order, you can make purchases with your remaining Apple Account balance.

* Gift cards aren't available in all countries or regions.

If you use Family Sharing

If you use Family Sharing and purchase sharing is turned on, the family organizer's payment method is charged for all family members' purchases. If you're the family organizer and you or a family member can't make purchases, change your payment method.

If you're not the family organizer, ask the family organizer to change their payment method. Or redeem a gift card and pay your unpaid order.

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

Not able to update or download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.