Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading photos

I am trying to Airdrop photos on my iPhone 7 to my own iMac like I used to.

My Airdrop Contact is shown but when I click on it to send a selected photo

I received a flashing message that goes on indefinitely: "waiting". When investigating the

cause I found a message saying that iPhone 7 is not supported. I recently updated my

OS to 12.5 Monterey. Is there now an incompatibility?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 2:00 PM

Hello Meri-AM,

This type of issue is usually a network issue, but we also want to check out a few things first:

iPhone:

• Are you using any content blockers in Safari (Settings > Safari > Extensions)? If you are, turn it/them off.
  • Are you using a VPN (Settings > General > VPN)? If you are, temporarily delete it.
  • Do you have any profiles (Settings > General > Profile)? If your iPhone is managed, see if you can remove the profile for now.

How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support -- Forget the Wi-Fi network you use with your iPhone.

After completing the list above, please reset the network settings on your iPhone: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support Be sure to review the actions this takes before resetting the network settings.

Mac:

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support -- This is basically the same steps for an iPhone, but there’s an article for this.

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support -- Remove any login items you may have set up.

How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support -- Forget the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac.

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support -- After you’ve completed the steps above, restart your Mac and test.

If you're still unable to AirDrop from your iPhone to your Mac, please contact Apple Support: Get Support

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 2:00 PM in response to Meri-AM

Hello Meri-AM,

This type of issue is usually a network issue, but we also want to check out a few things first:

iPhone:

• Are you using any content blockers in Safari (Settings > Safari > Extensions)? If you are, turn it/them off.
  • Are you using a VPN (Settings > General > VPN)? If you are, temporarily delete it.
  • Do you have any profiles (Settings > General > Profile)? If your iPhone is managed, see if you can remove the profile for now.

How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support -- Forget the Wi-Fi network you use with your iPhone.

After completing the list above, please reset the network settings on your iPhone: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support Be sure to review the actions this takes before resetting the network settings.

Mac:

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support -- This is basically the same steps for an iPhone, but there’s an article for this.

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support -- Remove any login items you may have set up.

How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support -- Forget the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac.

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support -- After you’ve completed the steps above, restart your Mac and test.

If you're still unable to AirDrop from your iPhone to your Mac, please contact Apple Support: Get Support

All the best.

Aug 13, 2022 4:36 AM in response to SnickZ.

I did contact Apple Apple Support. The problem is in my "vintage" 2015 hard Drive. Since I upgraded to OS Monterey this has been a problem. But the great support person who spent hours with me, Kevin, showed me there is a minor hardware fault

in my HD that affects this. Many other operations remain fine. I'm using image capture with a USB cable connection to upload the pics. In a year's time, after Apple has relased it's new 24" iMac with a M3 Drive, I will buy one and enter the new age.

With all the effort to corredt this problem my Mac is working faster ????. I'll go with it.

Thank you for sending me the response you did. I appreciate the attention to the problem and the knowledge that there are

really supporters in the Apple Community.

Uploading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.