Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Powerbeats from always answering calls?

Hi There,

Calls are always answered using Powerbeats - no matter what the output on the iPhone is set to.

e.g. I'm listening to music on Powerbeats via iPad (not iPhone) but I stop, leave Powerbeats on the table and go to another room. A call comes in but iPhone auto-switches to Powerbeats, even though iPhone wasn't set to use Powerbeats as an audio source.

Now I can't hear the call. In fact, while on hold with Apple just now, the iPhone randomly switched to Powerbeats for no reason - I thought I'd been cut-off!

How do I stop this from happening?

Cheers, Ben

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:53 PM

How to fix...

• First connect Powerbeats to iPhone (or this won't work)
  • On iPhone, go Settings > Bluetooth > Powerbeats and tap the blue i (inside the circle) icon
  • Tap the second option 'Connect to This iPhone...'
  • If Powerbeats isn't connected, you won't see this option so ensure Powerbeats is connected
  • Change from 'Automatically' to 'When Last Connected to This iPhone'
  • Tap back and exit settings

Now Powerbeats will ONLY answer calls when you explicitly tell iPhone to use Powerbeats.

Hope that helps someone!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 7:53 PM in response to cmscss

How to fix...

• First connect Powerbeats to iPhone (or this won't work)
  • On iPhone, go Settings > Bluetooth > Powerbeats and tap the blue i (inside the circle) icon
  • Tap the second option 'Connect to This iPhone...'
  • If Powerbeats isn't connected, you won't see this option so ensure Powerbeats is connected
  • Change from 'Automatically' to 'When Last Connected to This iPhone'
  • Tap back and exit settings

Now Powerbeats will ONLY answer calls when you explicitly tell iPhone to use Powerbeats.

Hope that helps someone!

How to stop Powerbeats from always answering calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.