Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 2nd Gen Charging Case Feels Loose

So I just bought AirPods from Target and as I opened the case, it felt loose. The magnet seems to work when closing and stays closed, but once opened, the lid sort of feels loose? I don’t know how to exactly describe it, but I wanted to see if this was normal or not.

I’d appreciate any and all help!

Here’s a picture of the AirPods in case it’s needed. Wish I was able to take a video in order to show what I mean instead

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:54 PM

LDC6471 Said:

"AirPods 2nd Gen Charging Case Feels Loose: Here’s a video of the AirPods and I apologize for the shaky hands. But thank you for your answer! I appreciate it"

-------

Thank you for providing the link.

Based on your Screenshot:

If the top is retracting when open, then all is fine. By the looks of it, I can see it from one side only. So, if the top is fidgety in some manor, then by all means return these.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 8:54 PM in response to LDC6471

LDC6471 Said:

"AirPods 2nd Gen Charging Case Feels Loose: Here’s a video of the AirPods and I apologize for the shaky hands. But thank you for your answer! I appreciate it"

-------

Thank you for providing the link.

Based on your Screenshot:

If the top is retracting when open, then all is fine. By the looks of it, I can see it from one side only. So, if the top is fidgety in some manor, then by all means return these.

Aug 10, 2022 8:34 PM in response to LDC6471

LDC6471 Said:

"AirPods 2nd Gen Charging Case Feels Loose:"

-------

Q1. "So I just bought AirPods from Target and as I opened the case, it felt loose. The magnet seems to work when closing and stays closed, but once opened, the lid sort of feels loose? I don’t know how to exactly describe it, but I wanted to see if this was normal or not.[...]"

A1. No. This is not normal. If it is loose, then return it.

Q2, "Here’s a picture of the AirPods in case it’s needed. Wish I was able to take a video in order to show what I mean instead"

A2. If you want to provide a video, then open a gmail account, post it on YouTube, and provide the video.

AirPods 2nd Gen Charging Case Feels Loose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.