Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive eat my desktop and dokuments files!

After I manage to re-index my iCloud Drive on the Mac´s sidebar. A clicked "sync desktop and dokuments folder"

NEVER, EVER DO THAT!!

It takes your files from your computer and move it to the iCloud. If you turn off sync. it will disappear from your computer / desktop ect!! . And it can be very, very frustrating to get it back, And in a order you had them in.

I have for now solved it. By moving the content form desktop and dokuments folders, to new folders on my Mac.

Problems that still exists, and cant find how to solve.

I can not reindex my dokumentsfolder on finders sidebar. As I want to put back the content originally there, back.

I can not delete desktop and dokumentsfolders on iCloud. As they are still there. But empty?

Considering this, its absolutely horrible as I don't always have internet access. In my mind. I thought iCloud had copies of youre files. Not that iCloud eat and owns youre files.

iCloud is very good in many ways. But possessing the files, with a lot of trouble to get them back on youre actual hard drive, and managing them. Is just a big virus warning.. I do not know. But im maby missing out? Managing youre files should be dead simple!! Not being able to have access to my files when offline, working on them on my physical hdd. Would be a total disaster.

Should I turn off iCloud Drive completely??

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 10:14 AM

You are welcome. It should stop iCloud from removing files from the Mac.

Similar questions

4 replies

iCloud Drive eat my desktop and dokuments files!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.