Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to print embedded images

All of a sudden my MacBookPro is not printing 'embedded images'. I cannot locate the setting to 'Print embedded images'. Help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 10:31 AM

Hi Joanna,

It might be the particular printer driver features, or what does work is on the Mail print panel for me is to click PDF, and then select View in Preview. When I do this, the PDF as viewed in Preview has the background image and one can print from there.

I received this email message content:

and that is exactly what appeared in Preview.

If I were printing from Safari, then the print panel for the same printer, will offer a print backgrounds option, and Apple's Mail does not treat messages as web content. If it did, or was written to do so, then we might see the print background option when attempting to print Mail messages.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 10:31 AM in response to Joannaindenver

Hi Joanna,

It might be the particular printer driver features, or what does work is on the Mail print panel for me is to click PDF, and then select View in Preview. When I do this, the PDF as viewed in Preview has the background image and one can print from there.

I received this email message content:

and that is exactly what appeared in Preview.

If I were printing from Safari, then the print panel for the same printer, will offer a print backgrounds option, and Apple's Mail does not treat messages as web content. If it did, or was written to do so, then we might see the print background option when attempting to print Mail messages.

Aug 13, 2022 6:48 AM in response to Joannaindenver

Joanna,

Is this Apple Mail, Outlook, or a separate third-party email client (e.g. GMail), or browser based mail content that is the source of your print effort? Other email clients may furnish their own print panel, and your particular printer driver may or may not offer a background printing feature.

For instance, if I attempt to print an email in Apple Mail that presents as a web page, I have no selection available on the print panel for background images. However, if I use Firefox and access Google web email, when I attempt to print an email, the Firefox print panel offers a category of More Settings, and when I click that and scroll downward, I see Print Backgrounds autoselected in the Options section.

If all you are after is the QR Code, you can use BDAqua's suggestion for a user selected (and focused) screen capture to grab just the QR Code as an image. There are QR code readers in the Mac App Store.

Need to print embedded images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.