Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phantom Unread Email

I have a phantom unread email that’s now probably been there a year! It’s driving me crazy that I can’t find where it’s at. I’ve checked my flagged emails and there isn’t any unread in there. I’m not sure how or where else to fix the problem.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:38 PM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2022 8:48 PM in response to Cheltal

Cheltal Said:

"Phantom Unread Email: I have a phantom unread email that’s now probably been there a year! It’s driving me crazy that I can’t find where it’s at. I’ve checked my flagged emails and there isn’t any unread in there. I’m not sure how or where else to fix the problem."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Ridding of a Phantom eMail:

Resetting to Factory Settings:

If you wanted to (and it seems to best way to go about this), you could reset your iPhone to factory settings. You would use the following link, as if you were to set this up anew. Perform as instructed, including the iCloud logout, and backup. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Report back if that does the Fix.

Important:

Backup items (i.e. Photos)on the phone prior to this reset. That way items will not be lost. Enable Photos in iCloud settings, and you'd be fie with those photos.

Phantom Unread Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.