Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studios WARM when in sleep mode

I have two base model Mac Studios, both have three studio displays attached to them, all are running the most current Mac OS and firmware, using the Apple thunderbolt cables that came with the displays.

I have tried several different configurations with energy saver and when the computer is set to go to sleep… Fan spin down, displays turn off and the computer gets quite warm but when I wake it up and the fans kick on within about five minutes the display is dramatically cooler to the touch and if I've been using it for a couple of hours, it is truly cool to the touch.

And has anyone else with this issue been able to fix it?

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 3:08 PM

You are not the first to report this issue.

You should contact Apple Support and send Feedback.

Official Apple Support

Feedback - Mac Studio - Apple

In the mean time, I suggest only turning off the display(s) and let the Mac Studio sit idle with the fan on during the day,

then do a full shutdown if your not going to use it for an extended period of time.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Ryan Smith9

You are not the first to report this issue.

You should contact Apple Support and send Feedback.

Official Apple Support

Feedback - Mac Studio - Apple

In the mean time, I suggest only turning off the display(s) and let the Mac Studio sit idle with the fan on during the day,

then do a full shutdown if your not going to use it for an extended period of time.

Mac Studios WARM when in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.