Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio sleep issue

Hello everybody,

I bought Mac Studio in April and since then I have problem with sleep.

When I put Mac Studio to sleep (Apple icon -> Sleep), fan turns off - so far, so good :-)

Problem is, that Mac wakes up itself and I couldn't find a solution for this.

Sometimes it wakes up in 20 minutes, sometimes in 2 hours, sometimes never until next day.

Sometimes I put it to sleep, check it after a while and it's on and this repeats several times.

I always put Mac to sleep in the evening - I wait till fan is stopped and Mac is on in about 50 % of mornings...

If Mac is not on in the morning, the grill in the back of the Mac is warn before I wake it up, so it means that Mac is also doing something.

Just for curiosity, I've check power consumption:

Idle: 12 W

All displays off: 8 W

Sleep (fan is off): 7 W

I would expect less than 2 W in Sleep mode.

My hardware:

• Mac Studio - the basic one, just with 1 TB storage
  • 3x Dell U2715H screens, 1x HDMI, 2x DP (all connected with USB cable too)
  • Magic Keyboard
  • Hama mouse (I tried to disconnect it before putting to sleep and there was no difference)
  • UPS APC Back-UPS BE-650VA

Mac is connected to the network using Ethernet and I have also connected speaker using 3.5mm jack.

Wake for network access is disabled in settings.

No wake up is scheduled.

Do you have any idea, how to fix this issue?

It's very annoying...

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Sislik

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 1:44 AM

Get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 22, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Sislik

I've given up on any countermeasure for this issue. I have my own; I use a usb Apple keyboard, usb Pro mouse and a MM2 bluetooth. When I want to sleep the system , I turn off the bluetooth mouse and turn off bluetooth system pane. When I want to wake and use the system I select the space bar, turn on the bluetooth mouse and use usb mouse to turn on bluetooth pane . Everything works fine doing this.

Mac Studio sleep issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.