Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A section of my MacBook Air screen went black

A section of my screen went black has anyone else experienced this?I tried reseting it in every way suggested but no luck. The visible section works well.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 6:56 PM

anthonyg27 said:

"A section of my MacBook Air screen went black: A section of my screen went black has anyone else experienced this?I tried reseting it in every way suggested but no luck. The visible section works well."

-------

Troubleshooting a Partially Blacked-Out Screen:

Take a full screenshot. Then, open the file. Does the black part show on the screenshot? If so, then it is an issue with the macOS. If not, then it is likely hardware issue, and you need to get this serviced. To take the screenshot, hold down: [command + shift + 3]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 6:56 PM in response to anthonyg27

anthonyg27 said:

"A section of my MacBook Air screen went black: A section of my screen went black has anyone else experienced this?I tried reseting it in every way suggested but no luck. The visible section works well."

-------

Troubleshooting a Partially Blacked-Out Screen:

Take a full screenshot. Then, open the file. Does the black part show on the screenshot? If so, then it is an issue with the macOS. If not, then it is likely hardware issue, and you need to get this serviced. To take the screenshot, hold down: [command + shift + 3]

A section of my MacBook Air screen went black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.