Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got shocked by my Apple Watch and it left a welt bruise on my arm. Apple Support has insisted it's just Static Electricity.

Has anyone else been able to get a good response from Support as this is a safety concern and is probably a product design flaw?

The watch was not broken or cracked. It was being used as intended - so I don't think it was user fault. Weather was optimal, and there was no water around when it happened. They ran a diagnosis and it was in perfect condition. Therefore, I think it's a product design flaw that their engineers are not catching.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:47 PM

They checked at the Genius Bar, and unfortunately everything is working perfectly and the battery life has no issues.

I think what I’m hoping out of this is that they hold an investigation so it doesn’t happen to anyone else - instead of just saying it’s static.

8 replies

I got shocked by my Apple Watch and it left a welt bruise on my arm. Apple Support has insisted it's just Static Electricity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.