Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conect to tv

why can't I connect my iPhone and iPad to the TV?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:11 AM

Screen mirroring and airplay is done over wifi, not Bluetooth. You would need the phone connected to the same network as the Apple TV device

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)

9 replies

Aug 15, 2022 11:38 AM in response to EU-JE

Again, screen mirroring is done over wifi and not Bluetooth. Currently it is searching for a Bluetooth device, and that is not relevant for this.

If you are using an LG TV then make sure it supports airplay,

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

You will then need the TV and your phone on the same network. If you take a look at the article I linked it will show you the steps. I have added it again for reference.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)

Aug 15, 2022 1:01 PM in response to EU-JE

For airplay, If you are connected to wifi and have both the phone and TV on the same network you will just see it in the list for available devices.

In the event you didn’t have an available device it would be blank. This is all covered in the support article.

Airplay is an Apple protocol so an S10 would not be using that. That device would have either been paired using Bluetooth (which doesn’t support mirroring) or another protocol entirely

Aug 15, 2022 12:16 PM in response to EU-JE

It will only say searching if you are trying to pair over Bluetooth. When you use AirPlay or mirroring you are going through control centre on your phone and will see your TV appear on the list of available devices (if it supports airplay and is connected to wifi).

If your TV doesn’t appear then it either doesn’t support airplay or your devices aren’t connected to the same Wifi.

Other issues may occur if your wifi connection is unstable

Conect to tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.