Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a means to have the time displayed on the 2021 Apple 4K while streaming TV shows? I know that I can go to SIRI and ask for time, but I would like to see the time displayed in the top right corner of our TV screen.

Is there a means to have the time displayed on the 2021 Apple 4K while streaming TV shows?

I know that I can go to SIRI and ask for time, but I would like to see the time displayed in the top right corner of our TV screen. The Apple App Store seems to offer solutions to turn the entire TV into a clock, but does not seem to offer software that will display the time in a small area on the TV as defined by the user.

In the 4K Fire Stick world, there is a solution from Vishnu NK that does exactly what we are looking for in the Apple world.

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:39 AM

If you stream linear/live TV, then the timeline would show the current time, although that would fade out after 5 seconds.

If you are listening to audio (music/podcast), you may run a clock app in the foreground.

Else make your suggestion for a new feature through the feedback form: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

… or have a clock in the room, or wear a wrist watch, or look at the lock screen of your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 9:39 AM in response to jpeterka

If you stream linear/live TV, then the timeline would show the current time, although that would fade out after 5 seconds.

If you are listening to audio (music/podcast), you may run a clock app in the foreground.

Else make your suggestion for a new feature through the feedback form: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

… or have a clock in the room, or wear a wrist watch, or look at the lock screen of your phone.

Is there a means to have the time displayed on the 2021 Apple 4K while streaming TV shows? I know that I can go to SIRI and ask for time, but I would like to see the time displayed in the top right corner of our TV screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.