Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive: Pages

When I click on the pages app, it bring me to the iCloud Drive where all my "pages" files are. From here I try to move files via drag and drop within the iCloud Drive, In the pages app. But for some reason it won't let me move files. The only way I have found I was able to move these files is by going to finder, then iCloud Drive, pages, and then from here I can move the file within the pages app to a folder.

Does anyone know why Its not allowing me to move files within the app itself?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:56 PM

Page (and other applications) go to folders only to save or to open files. When you first open a new file in Pages, you can name the file and specify the location in which to save that file using the box that opens in Pages.

Rearranging those files is done using Finder. If you are moving the file within one folder, click on the file name to select it, then drag the file to its new location. If you are moving it to another folder, open bot folders, then do the select, drag, drop sequence, this time dragging thefile to the second folder and dropping it there.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 9:56 PM in response to ProUser171

Page (and other applications) go to folders only to save or to open files. When you first open a new file in Pages, you can name the file and specify the location in which to save that file using the box that opens in Pages.

Rearranging those files is done using Finder. If you are moving the file within one folder, click on the file name to select it, then drag the file to its new location. If you are moving it to another folder, open bot folders, then do the select, drag, drop sequence, this time dragging thefile to the second folder and dropping it there.

Regards,

Barry

iCloud Drive: Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.