You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual assist misusing after latest update

I have an iPhone 11 After the latest update which I think is 15.3.1 my contacts are not showing when they call me just their number. It says to turn on Dial Assist but it isn't where it's supposed to be in Settings and phone. It just isn't there. What can I do please. I have tried turning phone off and on but that hasn't helped. Thankyou

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 5:15 AM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2022 11:14 AM in response to queeniedb

Hello queeniedb,

To help troubleshoot the contacts issue, let's start by getting your iPhone updated to the latest iOS 15.6.1.

Here are the steps on how to update from Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see two software update options available, choose the one that you want to install.
The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 14.8 or iOS 15.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Be sure to follow the instructions on how to make a backup of your data before updating.

If the issue persists after updating to iOS 15.6.1, test the behavior after deleting one of the contact entries from the Contacts app and re-creating the contact. This will help to see if it's an issue with the contact. You can see how here: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Additionally, ensure the contact entry has the area code included.

Reach out to Apple Support for further help if the behavior continues: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Dual assist misusing after latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.