Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing of Apple Cash no longer works after phone replacement

I had Apple Cash account turned on for my child via Family Sharing, but it has stopped working after replacing my iPhone 13. In settings under Family Sharing, they are still enabled for Apple Cash; I tried to disable/re-enable, but it didn't help. Also, it allows me to send money to her number and her balance shows +$20, but she doesn't get the money or show a balance. Any thoughts?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 4:40 PM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2022 5:24 PM in response to mister-telephone-man

Hello mister-telephone-man,

Apple Cash Family is a great feature and you've come to a great place for help! It sounds as though you've verified Apple Cash Family is setup correctly through your device. Have you verified that your child's Apple ID is signed in on their device still? If not, follow the steps listed below to verify that their Apple ID is signed in to iCloud on their device. You can also find these steps in the article below.

1. "Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in."

Sign in with your Apple ID

You can also find the recommendations for this step in the following article.

Set up and use Apple Cash Family

Let us know how that goes!

Family sharing of Apple Cash no longer works after phone replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.