Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone lost and someone changed my apple id and number, how to recover it?

A few days back, I was traveling to a remote area and lost my iPhone somewhere. The phone has a pretty easy passcode i.e. '0000'. My apple id was made on a Gmail address, it was logged in to the same phone and also has a sim in it which was associated with my apple id. Now on the 13th and 14th of August 2022, somebody changed my apple id name, number, and email associated with it. My account is compromised and is unable to find any way to recover it because that person has changed my email address and number. If I try to recover using that apple id email it shows an error that no apple id is associated with this email. After losing my phone i start using another apple phone since my apple id email is changed, the phone shows me that email address and ask for a password. If am unable to recover my apple id this means that the new iPhone device is also no use to me. Please guide and help me to recover my apple id

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 10:11 AM

See if you can find a local number in the links below. If necessary, use Twitter or Messages.

Apple Support Contact.    -

Work through the screens to get an email or chat option.

Apple Support by e-mail or chat.    -

Apple on Twitter

Messages chat with Apple

Also see.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 10:11 AM in response to zaintauqeer

See if you can find a local number in the links below. If necessary, use Twitter or Messages.

Apple Support Contact.    -

Work through the screens to get an email or chat option.

Apple Support by e-mail or chat.    -

Apple on Twitter

Messages chat with Apple

Also see.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

My iphone lost and someone changed my apple id and number, how to recover it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.