Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (2021) restarts multiple times a day, after the machine has gone to sleep.

I am presented with the login screen - neither my watch nor fingerprint will log me back on, as when the machine has simply gone to sleep. I must type in user name and password. Anyone else having this problem who found a solution? It doesn't happen while actively using it. Webpages reopen on the browser but require new log in.

I thought I could prevent this by doing the following, but the problem continues.

• In system preferences I disabled screen saver.
  • Under battery, I checked "prevent mac from sleeping when display is off"

Advice appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 3:32 PM

From what you describe the Mac really is restarting on its own, repeatedly, after it has gone to sleep.

First things first, make sure macOS is up to date. To learn how to do that please read How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support.

If the problem continues to occur consider using EtreCheck. For a download link and detailed instructions for posting its report in a reply to this Discussion, read Old Toad's spectacular User Tip, here:

How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 3:32 PM in response to Sjarrott

From what you describe the Mac really is restarting on its own, repeatedly, after it has gone to sleep.

First things first, make sure macOS is up to date. To learn how to do that please read How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support.

If the problem continues to occur consider using EtreCheck. For a download link and detailed instructions for posting its report in a reply to this Discussion, read Old Toad's spectacular User Tip, here:

How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community

Macbook Pro (2021) restarts multiple times a day, after the machine has gone to sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.