Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts deleting

today i went into my contacts two separate times to send messages to two different friends. The first was a text message and after I sent the text to the friend whose contact I had saved, my phone deleted the contact. The text showed up in my message feed but instead of having the persons name at the top, it just had their phone number. I thought this was odd so I went back in my contacts to check for her again, and sure enough the entire contact that was there a minute ago was totally gone. They same thing happened later in the day when I went into my contacts to send an iMessage to a different friend. Contact gone as soon as i sent them the message. This is very strange and has never happened before. Also extremely annoying because it is deleting everything! How can I get my phone to stop doing this?!?

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 1:08 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 1:08 AM in response to Fattypstti4

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Contacts deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.