Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migration not working

My migration doesn't work no matter what I try. Is there a work around that anyone has found? Like can I move one program at a time manually?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 6:03 AM

whyapplewhydoyoudothistous wrote:

My migration doesn't work no matter what I try. Is there a work around that anyone has found? Like can I move one program at a time manually?

What exactly is the issue with migration— "doesn't work" is not much to go on...

Try an alterate backup as your source and compare your results.

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve you can always

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 6:03 AM in response to whyapplewhydoyoudothistous

whyapplewhydoyoudothistous wrote:

What exactly is the issue with migration— "doesn't work" is not much to go on...

Try an alterate backup as your source and compare your results.

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve you can always

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

migration not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.