Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband has passed away and I cannot access iCloud because I can’t change information and no password works. Do you have a solution?

Will there be a fix in future for people locked out of their loved ones technology?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 1:40 PM

Well … it’s perhaps unfortunately too late for you, but it’s already been fixed w/ “Legacy Contact.”

If your husband didn’t designate you; might he have designated another individual? His pre-designated executor perhaps?

However … assuming that doesn’t apply to your situation, there is still a “paper method”available which Apple has provided for years.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 1:40 PM in response to WeirdMimi

Well … it’s perhaps unfortunately too late for you, but it’s already been fixed w/ “Legacy Contact.”

If your husband didn’t designate you; might he have designated another individual? His pre-designated executor perhaps?

However … assuming that doesn’t apply to your situation, there is still a “paper method”available which Apple has provided for years.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

My husband has passed away and I cannot access iCloud because I can’t change information and no password works. Do you have a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.