Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Female USB-C to male USB-A adapter

Hi,

I bought an adapter to convert USB-C to USB-A so I can use my USB-A brick to charge my Apple Watch 7.

The adapter works great with my iPad mini and iPhone 13 Pro, but not with the watch.

Fortunately, one of my previous iPhones or iPads came with a USB-C cable and brick, but I really wanted additional options. I’m gifting my Apple Watch 6, so it’s USB-A cable goes with it.

Attached is a photo with specs. Any idea why it won’t charge the Series 7 Watch using this adapter? BTW, I tried several bricks, same result.

Thanks in advance!

Bonnie

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 2:35 PM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2022 10:51 AM in response to bornitz

Hello, Bonnie.

Thanks for reaching out today. If your Apple Watch is charging as expected when using the equipment that came with it, but failing to charge with a third-party adapter, the issue most likely lays with the adapter itself. It's possible that it is not compatible with your watch. We'd advise reaching out to the manufacturer to see if there is anything they would advise in this situation.

If needed, this article provides lots of helpful information about charging your device: Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Female USB-C to male USB-A adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.