Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshots disappear from Desktop after 30 seconds

I noticed this problem 3 days ago. It might have been after the system software update. There was another since then. I use a MacBook Pro 17,1 macOS Monterey Version 12.5.1. The screenshots stay when in Safety Mode but continue to disappear even after rebooting the system. I spent a few hours on the phone on three separate occasions with Apple Support about this already. Screenshot shortcut: Command, Shift, 4

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 4:20 PM

jodienna wrote:

I noticed this problem 3 days ago. It might have been after the system software update. There was another since then. I use a MacBook Pro 17,1 macOS Monterey Version 12.5.1. The screenshots stay when in Safety Mode but continue to disappear even after rebooting the system. I spent a few hours on the phone on three separate occasions with Apple Support about this already. Screenshot shortcut: Command, Shift, 4

Thank you.

Make some changes—

screen shots screenshots —

Shift Command 3

Shift Command 4

Take a screenshot on your Mac

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Shift Command 5 see Options turn off the bells & whistles

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

If you have iCloud drive on by default— you might look for them there.

If you use any of these third party apps, all have a upload screenshot preferences... :

OneDrive

Google Drive

Dropbox

look there, make changes to those preferences if applicable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 4:20 PM in response to jodienna

jodienna wrote:

Thank you.

Make some changes—

screen shots screenshots —

Shift Command 3

Shift Command 4

Take a screenshot on your Mac

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Shift Command 5 see Options turn off the bells & whistles

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

If you have iCloud drive on by default— you might look for them there.

If you use any of these third party apps, all have a upload screenshot preferences... :

OneDrive

Google Drive

Dropbox

look there, make changes to those preferences if applicable.

Screenshots disappear from Desktop after 30 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.