Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HEVC iPhone 12 video not playing in QuickTime 10.5

I just shot a ton of water skiing video on my iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS15.6

The 4K 60 HEVC movies play beautifully from the phone but when exporting or Air Dropping to my Late 2018 MacBook Pro (running Big Sur 11.2.3) the QuickTime player doesn't work. I hit play and it just jumps to the end of the file in 1 second. I can slew through the source file and see all of the pretty video but it won't playback on the QT Player. I'm editing in FCPX and of course I have the same problem.

What's going on? Do I need to convert the files? I also have a ton of slo-mo 240 fps that I want to use too.

HELP!!!

Brian

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 11:45 AM

Problem solved. Just did a re-start and all is well with movies playing back perfectly on desktop with QuickTime. Same great files as on iPhone.

Similar questions

2 replies

HEVC iPhone 12 video not playing in QuickTime 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.