Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my recovery key what can I do

my phone is prompting me to update my Apple ID settings but I forgot my recovery key. When I go to the password and security under Apple ID and recovery I can't get in because again it wants the recovery key which I have forgotten. What can I do?

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 1:39 AM

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key safe, your old key won't work anymore.

How to generate a recovery key – Apple Support (UK)

If you dont have access to your account you can enroll in account recovery How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 1:39 AM in response to Becks8419

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key safe, your old key won't work anymore.

How to generate a recovery key – Apple Support (UK)

If you dont have access to your account you can enroll in account recovery How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

I forgot my recovery key what can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.