Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to log into my account I forgot the password and changed my number I no longer have access to the number how can I reset my password another way?

How can I reset my password if I no longer have access to my old phone number?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 7:16 AM

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 7:16 AM in response to YourMom9186

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Aug 21, 2022 7:02 AM in response to YourMom9186

if I no longer have access to my old phone number?

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

> edit your trusted phone number.

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

What happens when you use the same Apple ID that you use to sign in here?

See -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

See also -> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

I’m trying to log into my account I forgot the password and changed my number I no longer have access to the number how can I reset my password another way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.