Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact labels revert to default ios 15.6.1

When I change the label on a phone number (work to main) it reverts to the default in a few seconds. The reversal happens both before I save and after I save. I tried restarting the phone but that didn't fix the problem. This feature worked until the last update or two. I'm currently on 15.6.1.

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 6:00 AM

5 replies

Aug 22, 2022 6:01 AM in response to Ahwitt

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Aug 22, 2022 6:00 AM in response to Ahwitt

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Aug 22, 2022 8:20 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is a personal device without any management profiles. Contacts are backed up to iCloud and accessed on my iPhone and iPad.

I think the problem might be that I have 3 Gmail accounts but only the primary one backs up to iCloud. The contact I am trying to modify is not one that is backed up. It is, however, shared between my two devices. I’m not sure how that works without iCloud backup. Mmm…

Contact labels revert to default ios 15.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.