Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom labels for phone numbers in Contacts

How do I get "custom label" button back on Contacts? It is not shown when I attempt to Edit a contact.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:15 PM

The problem is that “custom” does not appear as an option. I know it once did as I have a couple that are customized but for some reason, it no longer appears.

2 replies

Dec 23, 2022 5:56 PM in response to Ladyarbie

Hello, Ladyarbie

To add custom labels to phone numbers in the Contacts app on an Apple device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Contacts app on your device.
  2. Select the contact you want to edit.
  3. Tap the "Edit" button in the top right corner of the screen.
  4. Scroll down to the "Phone" section.
  5. Tap the "Label" field next to the phone number you want to add a custom label to.
  6. Tap "Custom" at the bottom of the list of labels.
  7. Type in the custom label you want to use and tap "Done".
  8. Tap "Done" again to save your changes.

If you want to add a custom label to a phone number that doesn't already have a label, you can tap the "Add Phone" button and then follow the steps above to add a custom label. You can also add custom labels to email addresses, addresses, and other fields in the Contacts app using a similar process.

If this does not work please view this link --> Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I wish you the best of luck and good night.

Best regards,

KevTechSupport

Custom labels for phone numbers in Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.