Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t pair my watch, because it is with a different email address. How do I change it to my new email address?

I can’t pair my watch, because it is with a different email address. How do I change it to my new email address?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 11:23 AM

How to remove Activation Lock

And if you bought this watch from somebody then;

The person that you bought/got this watch from needs to follow all the steps on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and mark it down as a bad experience.

Neither the users on this forum or Apple can help you,only the original owner can help you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 11:23 AM in response to Curten

How to remove Activation Lock

And if you bought this watch from somebody then;

The person that you bought/got this watch from needs to follow all the steps on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and mark it down as a bad experience.

Neither the users on this forum or Apple can help you,only the original owner can help you.

Aug 22, 2022 12:26 PM in response to Curten

Do you still have access to the original icloud account you were using?

Did you change the email address associated with your icloud account or did you create an entirely new icloud account with a different email address?

You need to turn off the activation lock on the watch. See this document: What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support (AU)

Aug 22, 2022 4:10 PM in response to Curten

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.