Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my songs disappeared

I’ve been using apple music for a while now , im a computer science student(just for the context). When you unsubscribe from apple music the songs you added from apple music disappear, and only the ones you downloaded from your iTunes Music library thing(your own songs you can upload on a mac) stays and you can’t upload more.

Ok so when you subscribe again every song you’ve added to your library from Apple Music appears again. Simple.

My problem is, this is not happening. I can use apple music no problem but like ~200ish songs(every single one added from apple music) and a couple playlists i’ve added to my library are gone, no matter where i try, mac, ipad, iphone. The mac shows a genius error, the other ones try to synchronize my icloud library then fail without finishing.

At this point i’ve tried: login, logout, delete whole music library(file,folder)on mac(move to desktop), turning synchronization and trying literally every icloud related music setting combination and turning genius off, but it was already off

All i did was resubscribe after a couple of months and my music didnt appear after i waited like an hour,(i did unsubscribe a couple times before, it was working fine until now) and thats when i started fiddling with the settings with no luck.

I’m clueless, my server side library might be broken i have no idea what happened, i hope someone can help me with this, a really want my songs back :(

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 4:43 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 24, 2022 7:14 AM in response to boredbread

Sadly I couldn't get all of my songs back but turns out i was lucky because i had downloaded most of my songs before on one om my installs and after i unsubscribed the HLS files stayed on my drive here: "Users>*username*>Music >Music >Media> Apple Music".

So i could re-add 360 songs from there looking them up(turns out i had more than 200). Yaay :)

Why can't music import them i have no idea, now i have 2 of everything there becouse music started downloading as i added them. The old ones look broken in some way becouse they dont have an album art icon, they must have expired or idk. First thing i will do now is export my library somehow and reset my whole iCloud music library if possible, because i still get genius errors even though i never turned it on in my life and even if i did, this isn't something i can mess up as the user i suppose.

Can anyone tell me how can i reset my iCloud library? i looked it up but the option isn't there for me.

Thank you everyone for your answers<3

All of my songs disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.