Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music sync removed songs from playlists

So for some context, I'm not sure what settings I had on, but whenever I hit the cloud shaped download button next to a playlist or a song, it just wouldn't download, just go in circles forever. Finally I decide to stop the loading circle on all my playlists and then go into music settings to toggle on and off all the automatic downloads, download on data settings, etc. That doesn't work either.

This is where it all gets absolutely buggered.

So same day I also decide to put some downloaded mixtapes on my apple music by dragging them into my library on my mac, and they load in as albums, artwork and all, just fine. NOW here is where I have no idea what happens. I think I had like 4 of my playlists in progress of downloading, and then to get my downloaded mixtapes onto my phone, I switch off cloud library sync on my phone and hook it up to the computer, then press sync device through the apple music menu on my computer.

What happens next I have no idea why.

I have a lot of internet downloaded music. For some reason my playlists full of that stuff all get a duplicate copy of each song, and seemingly at random my playlists that include said music all duplicate so they show up as "Playlist Name 1" "Playlist Name 2" etc. AND.... when I go and turn back on sync on phone and laptop, the playlists I was trying to download earlier are completely wiped clean except for my downloaded-from-the-internet-music

. I have no idea what to do. I panicked and updated my computer and iOS to most recent, tried toggling sync on and off multiple times, but still some of my playlists are completely preserved, while some were wiped except from music I put on manually.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 8, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 12:32 PM

Hello BlatantPlatitude and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty syncing content between the Music apps on your Mac and on your iPhone.

This is all going to be related to the attempt to have things both ways—i.e., manually syncing and using the Sync Library function of Apple Music. You really need to decide if you want to manually sync or use the service. Trying to mix the two is fraught with peril.

In your case, it sounds like iTunes Match may be a better solution.

Subscribe to iTunes Match

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 12:32 PM in response to BlatantPlatitude

Hello BlatantPlatitude and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty syncing content between the Music apps on your Mac and on your iPhone.

This is all going to be related to the attempt to have things both ways—i.e., manually syncing and using the Sync Library function of Apple Music. You really need to decide if you want to manually sync or use the service. Trying to mix the two is fraught with peril.

In your case, it sounds like iTunes Match may be a better solution.

Subscribe to iTunes Match

Cheers.

Apple music sync removed songs from playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.