Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID won’t setup

My wife’s iPhone XR stopped recognizing her face so tried to setup Face ID again. It’s stuck on “Position your face within the frame” with “Your face is out of view”. It won’t actually go to the next step. Got iOS 15.6.1 installed, done the reboot twice and the camera is clear and clean. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:16 PM

here is the guidance from Apple.. sounds like you might already be to step 8 or 9

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 26, 2022 3:18 PM in response to Plccontrolguy

Well I'll be... I was looking at my wife's phone again and noticed there seemed to be something like make up on the camera lens. As I was in face ID setup all of a sudden the circle showed up around my face and started ""seeing" me. I read somewhere that makes me think the camera has a laser of some sort that reads the depth of your face. While it could see the face maybe it couldn't see in 3-D..

Face ID won’t setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.